Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

Carrera NASCAR

Last updated on 9 years ago
The Saw
Well we ran an M6 series with stock motors and PPRs a cost of $31, incessant whining from those who couldn't tune or drive the cars. Without that series we wouldn't be having this discussion here because the site would be gone. So now a $34 dollar car with a $9 motor (to replace the inconsistent E200), and PPRs. The frequency begins to rise again. And yet no one has brought up a series that would have been any more economical. Stop your whining and start thinking up the series that you want to run, sponsor, manage , create awards for after this series and work on reducing that irritating noise you make.
Ken
Wow, Gary, who was that directed at?
The Saw
Anybody creating that high pitched whining noise about the cost of a series while not contributing an effort to creating one themselves. These cars are less expensive than most series cars we have raced. If you don't already have one that hasn't been turned into a ghetto glider it's not that hard to procure. I'm sure they will be raced again, and after a season of race tuning we may be surprised by their performance. We certainly were by the Monogram stockers, Sebring chassis and the ultimately crap out of the box SCX DTMs that were tuned well enough that they show up in the Shootout. I'm pretty sure people have these cars and if they don't this one doesn't even come close to the cost of some of the cars we have run. I know I've spent money on cars I didn't really care for in order to participate and a hell of a lot more than what this cost. Read Hot Rod series amongst others.

As for the motor change the E200 is a very inconsistent motor that can result in an unfair disadvantage for anybody who suffers from a bad draw. The hawk and Jack rabbit seem like an economical way to get consistent power with more reliable braking than the Carrera. if you want to use the stock motors we could always do a motor draw at each race after everybody chips in an E 200. Or we could just say you can choose any one of the three motors.
R

SO- I guess we are using the H & R 18k Hawk as the std replacement 'stock' motor over any other the 20 others on the market? No written rules to copy, no info. $10 motor.
Larry Kelley
R

SO- I guess we are using the H & R 18k Hawk as the std replacement 'stock' motor over any of the 20 others on the market? No written rules to copy, no info. $10 motor.
Larry Kelley
gunslinger1352
His new name is Larry TWO TIMES:D
R
You can use the E200, jackrabbit or the hawk. Your choice. Stock wheels and axles. Full interior. Lower the body to the bumper bracket no more. Race and have fun. Use any pinion. 10 tooth seems to be the best.
The Saw
I don't remember any decision on these rules. Can we at least complete testing and discussion before just throwing out rules. We dont want Ken to think he can get what he wants with high frequency noise.
The Finger
Normy you have it wrong, its Larry Squared.:DB):D
When You Race With Me You Get The Finger
CYIROCK
Sometimes I take the approach that I go off and sometimes I take the approach where I look at everything that has been written and then talk. Gary, when I first read your post I became really angry and admittedly wasn't thinking too clearly. As the club's president in recent times I have kept a low key approach and have wanted to keep things fun and relaxed. Anyone has been able to run a club series who wants to or suggest rules for a particular series. Since you have used this forum to rattle on about incessant whining as you call, might I remind you that people are just expressing their opinions and are doing just what you should say we do; be involved and make suggestions and express their opinions. I don't want any member of our club , and certainly not a board member, to squash that. Bringing up constantly that people were complaining about the M6 series and how insulting you think it was serves no one anymore. Anyone not wanting to or not really knowing all the steps to tune a car suffered. The cars were not equal, and the results bear it out. I tried to tune a stock a stock Sebring car as you all know, and it took every bit of my knowledge, and you saw the results. It takes every bit of the go fast parts to make those even work. That is my rant for now. I want people to keep on telling us what you want and what you think. Gary, I don't know what else to tell you except that you need to calm down. I don't know what is going on the last few months, but I don't think you are treating some people very well. I appreciate everything you do for the club at your house and otherwise, but this drama needs to stop.
The Saw
Whatever. Not sayin, just sayin.
The Finger
Do we use the fronts that come with the car, or are they able to be replaced?
When You Race With Me You Get The Finger
R
Sorry, I think I'm out.
When I was suggesting stock Carrera cars out of the box with tires upgrade I didn't mean to stick my nose on club rules just giving my opinion.
I deeply apologize for it.
Roberto.
R
You can use tires that fit stock wheels properly. True and coat to your liking. Stock wheels must be used.
The Saw
I agree with Roberto.
Ken
You know Gary, I think you should take a look back at the two strings concerning this series and you’ll see that there really hasn’t been any whining from me, not sure where you got that idea. I made a suggestion as to the motor selection after driving Randy’s car, I supported the choice to re-motor these cars and defended the clubs choice to have done so in the past, and I asked about repairs that my car needs, really no whining.

You’ll also see that you told us back on 9-22-14 that you wanted to do some more testing with motors, that was 8 weeks ago. The current series was supposed to end in 2-1/2 weeks, you haven’t answered a single question that anybody has asked, and we still have no rules. None of this seems like the Gary we know. If there’s something going on that has you on edge and is making this series more than you can handle right now, just say so, everybody will understand. Somebody will step up and put this series together, or we can come up with something else and put this one on the back burner until you can give it your attention.
CYIROCK
No reason to apologize Roberto. Like I said, I want people to voice their opinions.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You can start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator