Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

Pro and con of Carrera DTM Shootout

Last updated on 9 years ago
The Saw
Yeah Randy, why?
Ken
The rules as posted are unchanged from last year, why wouldn't your car be legal Randy?
R
Question for Gary. Is my car from last year legal this year?
gunslinger1352
I love it when you play hard to get Jimmy:D
Sofa King
dunno yet. got 3 cars, 3 mfg, don't like 2 of them, by the way, what the hell is a Hsiang?
The Saw
No verdict on a slot.it yet Jimmy. I would not call a motor adapter a Hsiang modification. Does this mean you're coming out to play his year?
The Saw
October along with the Gurney Cup.
gunslinger1352
thanks for the explanations Gary-I may have missed it but when does this fun and frolic start:D
Sofa King
Sooooo, after all this, any legit DTM, any mfg. any motor up to 23,000 rpm. It does take an adaptor to change an SCX motor to a Mabuchi style. Do you call that a chassis mod or not?
The Saw
I also included some more links on the site so Larry can discover the world beyond eBay.
The Saw
I posted last years car rules for Ramcat and moved them to car classes for future reference.
The Finger
If the club decides to go this route, I could agree to box stock. that evens the odds for everyone, but the minute we add changes those with tracks have a huge advantage.
When You Race With Me You Get The Finger
CYIROCK
I leave for a little bit and I see we have spirited conversation.... Here are my two cents... I personally would like the Carrera DTM because it gives us the most models and the levelest playing field at the lowest price point. Run them box stock with tires, and keep it simple. I am looking at it from a different point of view as I am blessed with the means to buy different cars. Others are not as fortunate or do not have the desire to drive these cars, and we must follow the consensus. I all too understand that we all may have too many DTMs.... I have too many because some that I have ran can't be run any longer because they were winning cars. I would be perfectly happy running a shootout with a different class as I have always wondered why DTM has to be run every year. It has been the consensus, however, so that is why it has been run. I understand every ones points. They are good ones, but it appears that people have reached a threshold as to how many DTMs they want to have. With us only having so many series to run in a season, I wouldn't be opposed to skipping DTM this year. I think the slot it's are not a good choice right now bc too few will be out before the series would start.
Ken
This is an open forum that encourages open conversation. As to that point, I have asked many questions regarding the rule changes that would allow a Slot-it car to run, with no response. It isn't as simple as saying a car that would previously have been illegal for many reasons, is now legal. There are many ramifications to be considered. But those that propose a change don't seem to have any answers or a willingness to share their thoughts. I know it may seem that I'm just being an asshole, but these are all legitimate concerns that need to be addressed. Please also realize that many of our members still will not stand up and voice their concerns, they will just go along and keep their thoughts to themselves, maybe they are already fed up with the last 3 or 4 things we changed and this is the straw that breaks the camels back and maybe they just don't come around anymore. I've been watching it happen for years.
B
Ken why don't you post the points for the Scaley Le Mans series and the remaining races of the event calendar. Stop whipping a dead horse. I will be happy to race my Ninco.
Ken
And how do we feel about angelwinders and 4 wheel drive?

And yes Larry, that's my point, many guys aren't going to want to make any changes or spend any money. So we'll have three or four guys that will be even more dominant than before, and 8 or 10 guys that will be more frustrated and less enthusiastic than before.
The Finger
I have to many DTM cars now, not buying any new ones and will make do with what they are. competitive or not.
Ken
The most recent point being opening the class up to open gearing, aluminum wheels, and adjustable motor pods. But hey, if that's what the majority wants, you know I'll have one. And anybody who wants to be competitive will probably have to have one, or at least drop some cash to upgrade wheels and gearing on the cars they have. Although I'm reasonably certain we won't see them this year anyway.
The Finger
Randy had a very competitive scx dtm with an NC 5 in it.
R
1) Since I DO NOT follow the DTM races, I have NO clue as to what cars are even running in that series. A german sedan is a german sedan.
2) My recent search for Carrera DTM on ebay had some cars from German vendors and none from american shops - and NO Audi A-5.
3) I have plans to change the sucky SCX motor out in my only dtm car, but what motor to use? 18K, 20K, 25K????
Larry Kelley
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You can start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator