Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

2016 GLSCC Group 5 Series

Last updated on 8 years ago
W
Note: Schedule Changes Dated 04/27/16

2016 GLSCC GROUP 5 SERIES

Only cars from 4th generation Group 5 will be allowed.
These were special production cars raced from 1976 to 1982.
For a list of cars included in this category click here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Group_5_(racing)#4th_Generation

Wheels must remain Stock
[color=blue]Cars manufactured with plastic wheels may use equivalent (same diameter, or smaller. same width, or narrower) slot.it wheels with appropriate inserts. If correct inserts are not available from manufacturers, they must be made from stock plastic wheels. 1/16/16
Rear axles must remain stock
Axles of non slot.it cars may be replaced with solid slot.it axle. 1/16/16
You may:
Install solid front axle
Replace rear tires with silicone
Use low profile front tires
Coat the front tires
True front and rear tires and wheels
Remove front axle slop (up and down and side to side) without modifying the chassis
Add lead
Change guide
Change braid
Change lead wires
Glue in motor
Glue in bushings
Create chassis rock, minimal sanding, no chassis mods to sides or post
Glue or tape in motor pod to fix or limit travel
Change body screws
Use motor of choice up to 22,000 RPM
Use any motor configuration
Change motor pod (where applicable)
Use gears of choice, no commercial gears

If you have any questions, please feel free to call or text me (Windyracer) at (815) 651-9788 We're looking forward to a fun series.

Jan. 16 - Race 1 - Viper's Pit - Plainfield, Il.

Feb. 20 - Race 2 - Papa Steve's Speedway - DeKalb, Il.

Mar. 05 - Race 3 - Slothausen Speedway - Plainfield, IL

Mar. 26 - Race 4 - Meadowdale International Raceway - Cary, IL.

Apr. 09 - Race 5 - Satan's Turf - Crystal Lake, IL.-

May 21 - Race 6 - Viper's Pit - Plainfield, Il.
B
Sounds interesting. What is the motor spec? Meadowdale is available after February 6 for Saturday night racing.
W

Big Lare wrote:
Sounds interesting. What is the motor spec? Meadowdale is available after February 6 for Saturday night racing.

22,000 R.P.M. limit.
It would be great to hold a race at Meadowdale.
We'll have to talk about a date.
B
Meadowdale open for Saturday nights starting February 13.
Ken
Just to clarify. You're saying motor change allowed, but keep the stock gearing?
W
Good question Ken. With motor changes being allowed it makes sense to be able to adjust the gearing accordingly. Another change we are going to allow is the motor pod (where applicable). As an example should you want to go from a 22,000 RPM Slot.it flat 6 motor (which is at best a handful) to a much more drivable 18,000 RPM H&R hawk motor, you would have to change the pod as well as the motor. Most of the classes we run adhere fairly tightly to the "box stock" and "stock" guidelines in the clubs rules, so this decision didn't come easily. We did give this a lot of thought. While we are allowing some latitude regarding motor, gearing, and motor pod, we want to make it clear that aside from those exceptions the cars must follow the "stock" rules. If it came with plastic wheels, that's what needs to be on it. If it came with a full interior, it must be installed, and so on. The only reason for the motor, motor pod, gearing exceptions is to have the option to run some very cool looking cars that we might not choose to run if we had to run them as they came out of the box. The exceptions give us the ability to make certain cars more drivable. Our thought here was to have a wider variety of cars competing on a more even playing field. Hopefully this will make for a fun and exciting series.
The Saw
22,000 @ 12v or 13.8v?
W

The Saw wrote:
22,000 @ 12v or 13.8v?

22,000 @ 12v
W
Sorry it has taken me so long to get in touch with everyone to arrange the locations/dates for the remaining series races. I have spoken to everyone except Randy. I was intending to do that on New Years day at the Hot Rods and Hangovers race, but Anita and I were asked to watch our grandsons that night. Kind of came up at the last minute. So I still have to confirm with Randy, but I'm guessing it won't be an issue. Anyway, here is the list of the series races, dates, and locations as it stands right now.

Note: Schedule Changes Dated 04/27/16

Feb. 20 - Race 2 - Papa Steve's Speedway - DeKalb, Il.

Mar. 05 - Race 3 - Slothausen Speedway - Plainfield, IL.

Mar. 26 - Race 4 - Meadowdale International Raceway - Cary, IL.

Apr. 09 - Race 5 - Satan's Turf - Crystal Lake, IL.

May 21 - Race 6 - Viper's Pit - Plainfield, Il.

If you have any questions, please feel free to post here or call/text me at (815) 651-9788. Hope to see you all soon.
B
I'm in for race 1.
The Saw
See you there.B)
W
Hey All,

I have consolidated the rules for the series and posted them in the "NEWS' section on the Home Page. The changes we discussed and decided on at Race 1 regarding the replacement of plastic wheels are highlighted in blue.
R

Windyracer wrote:Need you to remove my track from the list, track is no longer available.
Hey All,

Denny and I would like to put on a Group 5 series. From what we understand, this has been talked about for quite a while. There are several different manufacturers who offer good handling Group 5 cars with varied liveries, so I would hope it won't turn out to be a cookie cutter class.

2016 GLSCC GROUP 5 SERIES

Only cars from 4th generation Group 5 will be allowed.
These were special production cars raced from 1976 to 1982.
For a list of cars included in this category
click here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Group_5_(racing)#4th_Generation

Wheels must remain Stock
Manufacturers with plastic wheels may use equivalent (same diameter, or smaller. same width, or narrower) slot.it wheels with appropriate inserts. If correct inserts are not available from manufacturers, they must be made from stock plastic wheels. 1/16/16
Rear axles must remain stock
Axles of non slot.it cars may be replaced with solid slot.it axle. 1/16/16
You may:
Install solid front axle
Replace rear tires with silicone
Use low profile front tires
Coat the front tires
True front and rear tires and wheels
Remove front axle slop (up and down and side to side) without modifying the chassis
Add lead
Change braid and lead wires
Glue in motor
Glue in bushings
Create chassis rock, minimal sanding, no chassis mods to sides or post
Glue or tape in motor pod to fix or limit travel
Change body screws
Use motor of choice up to 22,000 RPM
Use any motor configuration
Change motor pod (where applicable)
Use gears of choice, no commercial gears

If you have any questions, please feel free to call or text me (Windyracer) at (815) 651-9788 We're looking forward to a fun series.

Feb. 13 - Race 2 - Papa Steve's Speedway - DeKalb, Il.

Feb. 27 - Race 3 - Slothausen Speedway - Plainfield, IL

Mar. 12 - Race 4 - Meadowdale International Raceway - Cary, IL.

Mar. 26 - Race 5 - Martinsville Raceway - Bensinville, IL.

Apr. 09 - Race 6 - Satan's Turf - Crystal Lake, IL.
Roberto.
R
Martinsville is no longer available.
Roberto.
W

Roberto wrote:
Martinsville is no longer available.

Very sorry to hear that Roberto. We were really looking forward to racing there. Your track is one of my favorites. Talk to you soon.
W
Note: Schedule Change Dated 02/01/16

Race 5 has been moved to Satan's Turf In Crystal Lake
The Date (03/26/16) Will Remain The Same
Race 6 will be held at The Viper's Pit In Plainfield
The Date Is Changed From 04/09/16 To 04/1616
R
Thanks, but I'm going smaller and digital now.
Roberto.
W
Hi Guys,

We've had to make some changes in the schedule for several reasons. Main one is I didn't realize that I scheduled race 2 at Papa Steve's on the Saturday night before Valentine's Day. I figured it out when Anita asked me where we were going for dinner that night. DUUUUUH! Anyway we moved race 2 back a week to the 20th. We didn't want to have a series race two weeks in a row so we moved the remaining races back a week as well. One of the new dates was in conflict with Gary's Enduro, so we juggled it back another week. From there the rest of the races are every other week. Hope this works for everyone. Please let me know if there are any other issues.

Ken (the big one)
B
Meadowdale is open for testing during Saturday March 5 Coffee & Cars - 9am to noon. We are on for Group 5 series race Saturday night March 26.
W

Big Lare wrote:
Meadowdale is open for testing during Saturday March 5 Coffee & Cars - 9am to noon. We are on for Group 5 series race Saturday night March 26.

Thanks Lare. Looking forward to racing there.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You can start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator