Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

NC 1 Classic

Last updated on 8 years ago
The Finger
New series starts at the end of the month, I have not seen any rules posted. Are they hidden somewhere?
When You Race With Me You Get The Finger
Ken
Um, home page about 3/4 of the way down. Between Group 5 and the Scaley Night enduro results.
gunslinger1352
They are hidden underneath the fly classic with the nc1 motor you tried to ppass off as an nc-1 classic last week-anyways Why do you care,you will be at the camp ground:D
The Finger
Just asking, How was that not an NC-1 classic? Classic sports car, NC-1 motor?
As for Saturday I might have a family meeting over Moms situation on Saturday night. Hope to be racing instead but family comes first.
B
I think it is time we all agree on the vintage of the cars in NC-1 Classic. I thought the idea was to mirror the vintage of Ninco Classic-1950 to early 60s. The Porsche 908 was not raced until 1969.
Ken
Larry and I must have been responding at the same time. Below was my original response. But yes, Larry is correct in that NC1 classic was originally intended to fit on the track with Ninco classic's.

Well, technically, NC1 classic was intended to allow scratch built cars from model kits or resin bodies that would have been in the same classes in real life as Ninco classics. Then we realized you can't really build a Cheetah (or similar) and put skinny Ninco classic tires on the back, and as long as we already have Ninco classics lets allow gear changes too to make things more interesting. Now ten years later it means putting an NC1 in anything older than 1980 and it's an NC1 classic.
The Finger
been in the club four years and never knew this rule, I went to the car definitions page and it never states any year. If you want me to change it I will but mine is not the only post 1960 NC-1 being used. Not trying to start anything just want clarification.
The Saw
I agree that classics should be 1950s era vehicles and that throwing an nc1 into it does not make it an nc1 classic. I suggest that anything that requires wider than a 7 mm wheel and tire should not be raced in the classics, nor be restricted to a valuable NC 1 motor, instead use the jackrabbit as a bench mark motor. These cars could be refereed to as JackRabbit Sport. '60s era production cars using the builders rules of NC 1 classic. It would also give a home to the '60s era Cobras though while being a classic have a wheel and tire that's greater that a true classic.We can debate the latest model and type allowed as long as it remains civil to everybody but Finger.:p
The Saw
I've taken the liberty of moving and renaming this spirited and much needed discussion to its own thread.
The Saw B)
Ken
The biggest problem is we always want to be nice. Like "we're running Fly classics and the car you brought has aftermarket wheels and gears, it's just a fun race, we don't care." And then that's the only car that guy ever brings to run Fly classic and pretty soon everybody else is following suit to keep up. JGTC has gone the same way, it started out as three or four cars that Scalextric and Ninco made, actual cars that were made in Japan. But if you read a list of some of the cars that ran over the years you get Mosler's and Lamborghini's, M3's, pretty much any high end high power from the era ran in JGTC a some point, but that shouldn't turn a pretty competitive box stock class into a NSR race. Not blaming anyone here, the rules as they were written covered what was available when they were written. Lots of cars are available now that didn't exist then, you're a new guy, you look up a class of car on Wikipedia and buy the best car you can that fits. I have more rule revisions that need to be reviewed by the board, but with half the guys getting all googley eyed now, my issues at home, and the guy who doesn't come around anymore, it's difficult to get things accomplished. But that is no excuse.

We as a board need to commit to a breakfast meeting or something similar in the very near future here. We have other issues that need to be discussed as well.
The Saw
Replace the guy that doesn't come around anymore with the class master. Not that I don't love the absent one anymore but we have people to do and things to talk to.
R
I agree to the NC-1/jackrabbit and ST 1204r tires and 15 X 7 rims. no 8's or 10's mikey on the vettes. Era - 904 and 914 porshses should be OK? USRRC cars?
Larry Kelley
B
So Ramcat is suggesting 1950-1968 which was the last year of USRRC. That would include Lola T-70, McLaren M6, etc.
The Saw
I believe it's more of a question. Not sure where my scarab or lister jag would fall in.
B
Scarab ran from 58-63. Lister Jag about the same.
gunslinger1352
You see what you get Mr. Fingy when you skirt the rules.Do you see the reaction of the masses.Shame on you you hussy,I havn't seen this much of an uproar since Gary got engaged to BL.-ooop's that was supposed to be a secret.MY BAD:D
The Saw
You're still mad since penguin eloped without you!
The Finger
Me? Your car was a 63, Riches was a 65, all of us on the podium had illegal cars if the rules were 1960 as stated by those in the know. I looked up the rules and thought I was good to go. In real racing anything 25 years or older is classified as classic. It is what it is, I bow my head in shame.
The Saw
I think the point he was trying to make is that you wouldn't find too many 908's on the street as well as the definition of classic that was once determined my the Ninco box. It's time to redefine.

I believe that that the car you ran would fall into jack rabbit/NC1 stock.

My cobra would be jackrabbit sport, and a modified Ninco or Carrera classic, would be a NC 1 Classic. Resins built with parts that would mimic this class would also be included. The inclusion of a racing vintage of car such as J cars, chapperals, USSRC, CanAm, etc can be discussed.

Ninco and Carrera Classic as well as equivalent resins would still be a Ninco Classic.

Just a thought.
gunslinger1352
YEA LARRY-YOU SHOULD CHANGE YOUR TAG LINE FROM I GOT NOTHING THAT RUNS TO I GOT NOTHING THAT FITS IN THIS CLASS....... AND I THOUGHT THIS
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You can start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator